Just like every year, the demand for the JEE Main 2020 examination is quite high and all engineering aspirants exclusively focus on cracking the examination along with their board exams. JEE Main 2020, being the biggest undergraduate engineering examination within India, demands great effort and planned preparation for several months by students. Students should have a distinct study plan during their preparation phase as this is the only key to the successful cracking of JEE Main 2020. Naturally, besides preparing themselves for Board exams, students need to lay greater emphasis on their JEE Main Preparation. Hence, a common question that haunts their minds is ‘When shall I start preparing for my JEE Main 2020 examination?’ So, through this article, we have tried solving your doubt and give all students a greater clarity regarding when is the right time to start preparing for the exam.
When to Start JEE Main Preparation 2020?
If one analyzes the timings of the board and competitive examinations, one can easily understand how close these examination dates usually are. So, the best time for all students to take their JEE Main 2020 Preparation is when they have successfully covered almost fifty percent (50%) of the syllabus of Class XI. This is the time when students can select topics of JEE Main one by one in relevance with their overall syllabus of Class XI and also Class XII later. It is always advisable that one should start his/her JEE Main Preparation when one is at the halfway of the Class XI syllabus. This will provide ample time to the students to complete the overall JEE Main syllabus.
A student should firstly prepare a thorough preparation plan keeping in mind the syllabus topics. After segregation of topics, one should know the weight division for each topic because this will allow him/her to set his/her priorities for each topic. Although all topics are more or less equally important, few topics have slight greater importance since many numerical or subjective questions are asked from those topics only. It is advisable to go through various topper interviews or previous year question papers for understanding the weight of all topics to sort out a definite plan.
Guidelines for JEE Main Preparation 2020 Plan
- Equal weight to be given by students to all topics
- Time Management is crucial as one needs to distribute it in such a manner that difficult topics are allotted more time than that of easier ones.
- One should ensure that adequate revision time is kept for a thorough revision.
JEE Main Preparation 2020: Key Points
- One should study one chapter at a time and thoroughly understand the basic concepts in it. To get clarity on concepts, NCERT books should be preferred for any board.
- While you are preparing, you need to ensure emphasizing important formulas and key pointers in every chapter. Make small notes for yourself wherever possible so that you can refer to these while revising.
- Once you are done with a chapter or a topic, you should always check with yourself that how well you can recollect those studies topics to boost your memory. Also, this will help in clarifying concepts.
- The next step is to practice various mock questions as much possible only on the topics you have studied. In cases of numerical questions, try solving yourself first and then see the solution. It is always better that you give yourself a try first and then go to the solution part.
- You should ensure to solve the JEE Main mock tests after you have finished all the topics. Appearing in as many mock tests will enhance your overall confidence and also help you in analyzing the level of your preparation. You can also identify your weaker aspects in terms of chapters and concepts.
- It is to be remembered that revision is a must especially for an exam like JEE Main 2020. Revision will only help you improve each time.
- Do not forget to take proper beak amidst your study time. You should take some time off and refresh yourself to go a long way. Your mind needs rest before it starts working again. You may listen to some favorite music, or play any game to ease your brain.
JEE Main Application Form 2020
The application procedure for the January session of JEE Main 2020 has commenced since 3rd September. All eligible candidates will be able to can fill the application form till 30th September. National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct this examination from 6th to 11th January 2020 for specifically the January session.
All candidates are requested to check the following given essential details regarding JEE Main Application form 2020:
- The Application form filling process has commenced since 3rd September by NTA. The registration for April Session will start on 7th February 2020.
- The online registration procedure has multiple steps – Online Registration, Application Form filling online, Image uploading, Application fee payment and Printing of the Application Form.
- The last date for submitting the JEE Main application form 2020 for the January session is 30th September 2019, and for the April session, candidates can submit the application till 7th March 2020.
- All candidates are allowed to submit only one application form at a time and if duplicate application found then the candidate will be barred from the examination.
- Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application form fee by online mode through net banking/debit card/credit card, UPI & PAYTM. No offline mode is available to pay the application fee.