What is covered in this article? – This article is about eligibility for NEET 2020 exam.
Today we will discuss NEET 2020 – introduction to NEET 2020, Overview of NEET events, eligibility criteria for the NEET 2020 exam. This article will give you explicit details on NEET 2020.
The point to be remembered:
- The eligibility criteria of NEET 2020 sets up a minimum qualification of a candidate to apply for the MBBS or BDS or AYUSH Course.
- The national testing agency has removed the upper age limit from NEET 2020 eligibility criteria.
- The number of attempts ceiling is also removed from the eligibility criteria of NEET 2020.
- It is always advisable for the students who wish to apply for the NEET 2020 exam to check the eligibility criteria before filling the NEET 2020 application form.
About NEET 2020
The national testing Agency conducts NEET for admission to the courses like BDS, MBBS, veterinary, AYUSH, and any other medical/paramedical courses in India. The national eligibility cum entrance test is conducted every year and is held across about 154 test centres. Let us talk about NEET 2020, it will be conducted by the National Testing Agency on May 3, 2020.
Overview of NEET 2020 events
We have mentioned below NEET 2020 important dates.
|NEET 2020 official notification||December 2, 2019|
|Release of application form||December 2, 2019|
|Deadline for registration||December 31, 2019|
|Deadline for payment of the registration fee||December 31, 2019|
|Correction/modification window||The first week of January 2020|
|NEET 2020 admit card||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020 exam date||May 3, 2020|
|Provisional Answer key of NEET 2020||Last week of May 2020|
|Final Answer Key||The first week of May 2020|
|Announcement of results||June 4, 2020|
|NEET 2020 counseling round 1||The second week of June 2020|
|Result for round 1||The first week of July 2020|
|NEET 2020 counseling round 2||The second week of July 2020|
|Result for round 2||The second week of July 2020|
Basic Eligibility Criteria for NTA NEET 2020
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2020 are:-
- The students must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized institute.
- The minimum aggregate marks required in the qualifying examination is 50% for general category students and 40% for SC/ST category students.
- The minimum age required to appear for the examination is 17 years and there is no upper age limit for students appearing for NEET 2020.
- Indian Nationals/Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS from a foreign university also have to qualify NEET 2020.
Minimum Qualifying Marks as per NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
|Category||Minimum Aggregate in the Qualifying examination (PCB)|
|General – PWD||45%|
|SC/ST/OBC/Reserved – PWD||40%|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Number of Attempts
There is no specific cap directed by the NTA on the maximum number of attempts for NEET. The students are allowed to appear for NEET as many times as they wish.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Students Belonging to J&K
Until last year, J & K students were not eligible to apply for the 15% All India Quota seats and could only apply for the seats of Deemed universities, ESIC, and AFMC. The revised eligibility criteria of NEET 2020 for the students belonging to J&K will be released soon, as the state has now been divided into three union territories.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020: Qualifying Examination Codes
Here is the list of the NEET eligibility criteria with qualifying examination codes for your easy reference.
|Code 1||The individual is appearing in the qualifying examination or awaiting the result of the qualifying examination.
He/she has to submit the result of the qualifying examination in the first round of counselling.
|Code 02||The candidate has qualified Class 12 or equivalent in the year 2019 or before.
Hershel has not pursued any other course after the completion of class 12.
|Code 03||The candidate has completed intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English.
ORHe/she has completed the qualifying examination equivalent to class 12 completed from a state board.
|Code 04||The candidate has completed a Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination.
He/she has also completed higher secondary examination/pre-university/equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology.
|Code 05||The candidate is enrolled in a three-year degree course with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology and has cleared the first year including practical tests.|
|Code 06||The candidate has a qualified BSc degree from the recognised University with two or more of the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Biology (Botany/Zoology)/Bio-technology.
He/she must have passed class XII with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
|Code 07||The candidate has passed an examination which is equivalent to the intermediate science examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology.
The candidate has completed the qualifying examination from a foreign University.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for the students applying for State/Deemed/Central/ESIC/AFMC seats
- Who are eligible to apply for these seats? – Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, and PIOs are eligible to apply for these seats.
- Foreign nationals should confirm their eligibility before applying for NEET 2020.
Eligibility Criteria of NEET 2020 for the students applying for 15% All India Quota seats
- Who are eligible to apply for these seats? – Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and foreign nationals are eligible to apply for these seats.