You must have seen professor Steven Roach during your student days and ever since perhaps you too were nursing an ambition to become a college professor one day, when you grow up.
Teaching in any university or a college can be a rewarding experience, where you get a chance to mold the career of many young students.
However, to become professor is not that easy either. There are a lot of things that you need to learn from professor Roach, who must have sacrificed lots of fun in order to do higher studies and gone through money crunch while doing research works.
The path to become professor has to pass through following steps.
- Must get very high grade during your high school examination
- Do your undergraduate course and be among the successful candidates
- Perform very well all throughout your college studies
- Need to take internship
- Build up many other extra skills too
- Take a graduate course
- Choose the right subject where you want to make your career
- Do plenty of research about various programs
- Consult with education advisors
- Consider about funding your education program
- Successfully complete your post-graduation course
- Study for GRE examination
- Make your personal profile
- Enroll for PhD
- Get teaching experience
- Engage in your research
- Publish your paper
- Obtain your PhD
- Look for job
- Attend various interviews
- Learn the environment of the college
- Maintain proper rapport with other teaching staff and students
- Establish yourself as professor
So, you can find how your South Florida professor has reached to his present career. Therefore, you must think very carefully whether you have within yourself, all the capability and patience to go through all these processes, to become a successful professor.