You’ve done your research, and you’ve decided that an International Preschool and Childcare in Kuala Lumpur is a right choice for your child. But before you start packing those bags and booking those plane tickets, there are a few things you need to know.
Here are the things you need to consider
1. Check the curriculum. Compare the curriculum of international schools to see if it aligns with your educational goals for your child. Some international schools offer a curriculum that is based on a specific country’s system, while others offer a more globalized curriculum. There is no right or wrong answer here, but it’s important that you choose a school whose curriculum matches your educational philosophies.
2. Consider the costs. International schools can be expensive, so be sure to factor in all of the associated costs before making your decision. In addition to tuition, you’ll also need to budget for things like airfare, housing, and living expenses.
3. Research the accreditation. Not all international schools are created equal. Be sure to do your research to make sure that the school you’re considering is accredited by a reputable body such as the Council of International Schools or the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
4. Visit the campus (if possible). If you’re able to visit the campus in person, take advantage of that opportunity! Seeing the campus firsthand will give you a much better sense of whether or not it’s the right fit for your family.
5. Consider the language barrier. One of the challenges of international schools is that they often cater to students who speak different languages. If your child doesn’t speak the language of instruction, be sure to inquire about support services that are available to help them transition into the new educational environment.
6. Find out about extracurricular activities. Is music or art important to your child? Does she excel in sports? Be sure to inquire about extracurricular activities that are available at the school so that you can make sure there are opportunities for her to pursue her passions outside of the classroom.
Boarding schools offer students a unique opportunity to live and learn alongside their peers from all over the world. But whether or not boarding is right for your family is a personal decision that you’ll need to weigh carefully before making a final decision about which school to attend.
International education can be a great way to prepare your child for success in our increasingly globalized world. But before you commit to an international school, there are some important factors you’ll need to consider. With careful planning and consideration, you’re sure to find an international school that’s just right for your family!